Lisa J. Stone
Lisa Stone is an experienced, award-winning attorney, who limits her practice exclusively to family law. Having practiced family law in Arizona for over 25 years, Lisa has devoted her legal career to helping clients navigate the complex, often unfriendly and seemingly broken, family court system. In addition to her exceptional litigation and negotiation skills, understanding and truly caring about the emotional and financial challenges clients face is what sets Lisa apart from her peers.
Lisa is A/V rated by Martindale-Hubbell, has been named to the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and to the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. Lisa is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and is a Sustaining Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers. Lisa is a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts having served as Arizona’s chapter president in 2005. Early in her career, Lisa was named to the inaugural class of Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” Top Arizona Business Leaders Under Age 40.” Lisa has been an adjunct law professor and has taught several continuing legal education courses to attorneys, judges and paralegals. When not in the office, Lisa is a volunteer and board member to multiple local children’s charities and civic leadership groups, a part-time graduate student at University for Peace (UPEACE) and “Mom” to her many rescued dogs.
Bar Associations & Professional Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, admitted 1994, Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and World Peace Through Law sections member.
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Scottsdale Bar Association, Board of Directors 2019, Member
- Association of Family & Conciliation Courts, member, Arizona Chapter president 2005.
- James Lawson Institute, graduate 2019
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, 1990
- Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Advance Mediation Training, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2012
- University for Peace, UPEACE Costa Rica, Master of Arts, Candidate 2019
- A/V Rated, Martindale Hubbell®
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, Sustaining Member
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys™ 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, 2019
- AVVO, Client’s Choice Award
- Family Law Assistance Project, Volunteer Lawyers Program, Family Law Attorney of the Year, 2003
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services, Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys 2002 and 2003
- Family Law Assistance Project, Outstanding Family Law Educator, 2000
- Arizona’s Finest, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 1999
- Gabriel’s Angels, Steering Committee
- Florence Crittenton, INSPIRE Panelist
- T-Gen Ambassador
- Scottsdale Leadership, Member
- Arizona Town Hall, Member
Free 30 Minute Initial Consultation For All Clients
In the maze that is family law Lisa has a profound way of explaining complicated law in a way the average person can understand. I have been lost many times and unaware of how to handle my personal situation, and Lisa eased my fears and showed me a way to handle my issues specifically. I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a competent attorney.
I can not say enough Great things about Lisa and what she did for me & my son. When looking for a lawyer you are at a very low place. You want someone to understand your feelings, your fears, your concerns, your situation and well, you. Lisa was that for me! She helped me modify my custody and years later helped me collect on unpaid medical & child support. If it wasn’t for Lisa I wouldn’t have been able to be the mother that I am and my son wouldn’t be the person is has become today!
Lisa J Stone handled my very messy divorce with the utmost care, compassion and was very very professional. Lisa’s Staff was very helpful also going over and above there job duties to help in all situations. I have recommended and would continue to recommend Lisa to many friends and colleagues.
Retaining Lisa for my divorce was the smartest move I made. Lisa was very patient, took her time with me (I never felt rushed like she needed to finish up our meeting to move onto the next). She was detailed, organized and made the difficult process smooth and seamless. Even when I was being stubborn, she helped me not to get caught up in the little things to contain her fees. She was there for me whenever I needed her. I refer Lisa to everyone as she is the most professional, amazing attorney and person.
I was absolutely pleased with the professional, thorough and personalized service Lisa and her staff provided throughout my entire divorce process. She was always readily available and responsive to my questions, provided focused and sound advice, and all of her suggestions ended up being right on target. I ended up with essentially what I had sought originally at the beginning of the process. I would unhesitatingly recommend Lisa to anyone forced to go through a similar ordeal.